December 30, 2022
Based on Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians, this is my prayer for myself and those I continue to pray for, now and throughout the coming year:
For this cause (the items listed below) I bow my knees to God the Father, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named:
(1) That he would grant us, according to the riches of his glory (not his power, or his wisdom, or his anything else), to be strengthened with might (dunamis) by his Spirit in the inner man;
(2) That Christ may dwell in our hearts by faith;
(3) That we, being rooted and grounded in love (agape, God’s kind of love),
(4) May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height of the love of Christ;
(5) And to know (ginosko, know by experience) the love of Christ, which surpasses knowledge (surpasses all other kinds of knowledge), and
(6) That we might be filled with all the fullness of God.
(7) Now to him (God the Father) that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power (dunamis) that works in us, to him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end.
[See Ephesians 3:14-21 KJV]