These are my teaching notes for an adult Sunday School class that began the Fall of 2016 at Trinity EPC in Florence, SC. Individual class members and a few other people received these notes via email during the week following the class. I have lightly edited them — they are not a polished product.
Topics covered in the study include:
- Definitions of intercession and prayer; not the same thing
- Why pray? Prayer is God’s idea, his command
- Authority of the believer in prayer
- Knowing and praying the will of God
- God’s faith needed to pray in faith
- Hindrances to answers: doubt, unbelief, sin
- Power of your words, before, during and after prayer
- Gifts and work of the Holy Spirit
- Intercessors of the Bible
- History of revival – Great Awakenings / Outpouring of the Holy Spirit
Some notes were accompanied by handouts and where possible I will include those on this site. I generally use the NIV version of the Bible when teaching, occasionally using other versions including the KJV.
This was a discussion class as will become obvious if you read through my notes. Please feel free to contact me with any questions about this study.